Thursday, December 3, 2009

Day 79...after the fall (of grease)..I3

Well…..Jonti summed up the experience pretty well. After all our hard work, exercising (most days of PCP), eating really well and then to be “forced” to have another indulgence. Rrrrrr. The first two I really looked forward to having but knowing how my body reacted, I was reluctant. I had the fried egg sandwich (bacon, cheese, artisan bread) coated….literally coated in truffle oil. Everything I touched became oily. I was never so happy to run to the restroom and wash off the mess. Could not do that with my digestive tract. Had to suffer another day or two with that.

Are these meals supposed to be the norm? I mean….are we all supposed to make them a twice/week occurrence. If so, then I can see why Americans are unhealthy and much too overweight.

Nope…..not eating that again. I can make a better fried egg sandwich for $14.

Update…….walking at lunchtime in our garage (in addition to PCP daily WO). Suffering a little from a winter cold. It’s been challenging to get up early (with the weather being cold) and go to gym to jump. This past holiday weekend I had several full workouts in the morning (normally we WO after 6pm). WOW….does that make you tired all day long. Must be the food balance…..burning the stores of fat from body instead of the food taken in during the day.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to force the indulgence, but I just want to drive the point home, that what we consider normal is a constant physical assault on the body. Sounds like you got the message!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure did! Thank you for showing us how "normal" is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So funny how our perspectives have changed! I was also soooo reluctant to indulge this last time.

    Now that you mention it, as the training has gotten tougher this week, I've seen my energy levels dip slightly after the morning workout. I tend to bounce back in a couple of hours and have killer energy for the rest of the day, though.

    Keep at it, Denise!!

    ReplyDelete