Thursday, September 24, 2009

Day 10....This WG can't jump

What's up with the knees?

Yesterday and today were not a good jump days.

Tuesday Jonti and I went to the local gym since our normal routine was interrupted by rain. We normally are outside on the property doing the "PCP". I have a 3/4" mat I lay down on the concrete driveway. It really has helped during jumping. The mats were in the car but was a little embarrassed/lazy to haul these mats inside the gym. Well, of course I am paying for that one day. DON'T be LAZY. Wednesday I could not jump at all. Even bouncing on my toes hurt. Today, I was able to jump 400 (not the required 650). Really disappointed.

3 comments:

  1. Jumping rope can be a little hard on the knees, especially if they're not use to such exercise. For a number of weeks I was using braces on both knees and about an hour of ice and elevation afterward just so I could walk. I even had days where I couldn't jump because they hurt so bad. It took a while, but eventually my knees got better. Now I don't need the ice nor the braces.

    Don't be too disappointed. You're doing just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep it up, Denise! Don't worry. Just keep your eye on the prize (hello Jackie Warner!) and focus on what you DID accomplish. Soon your leg muscles will be ripped enough to give your knees the support they need, and you'll be all...knee pain? What knee pain?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Celebrate the positive -- 400 jumps is better than no hundred, especially when you're dealing with knee pain! Keep at it, Denise!!

    ReplyDelete