Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Here We Go

OK. Whew. Thanks for Patrick for getting me up and running.

I am looking forward to these next 90 days. Like the Greatful Dead song.....I think its gonna be a strange and wonderful trip...something like that.

My thoughts.......first: reduce calories by half. WTH! I did a head spin. (exorcist). I understand what Patrick is saying (that we eat too much), but living on about 1000-1200 calories a day. That will be MY challenge this week. I think Jonti might get the bad end of that stick. When I dont eat enough, I get grumpy. Good luck.

Exercise: Day 1: Not bad......didn't skid on the concrete. Easy.....for now. Morning might be different.

Since I am not much of a writer...I'll sign off for now.

Success and hugs to the "last bunch of '09".....Shelly, Emily, Naomi, JT, and Meeeee.
UPDATE: Calories consumed for Day 1 = 1237 ( 84g Protein, 166 g Carbos, 31.7 g Fat) How I know......well, for the past few years I have been using "BodyBugg" (as seen on "The biggest Loser" network show). I been pretty consisitent with tracking it. It has helped my be accountable and to recognize how and how much I eat. The body bugg itself is a cool little computer device that attaches to your right arm and measures HOW MUCH you burn (the biggest mystery of all).

6 comments:

  1. Haha, I like your Dead reference. Strange and wonderful, indeed! I'm willing to bet Jerry Garcia didn't know the half of it... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right back 'atcha, Denise -- glad to have you along for the trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Half diets are a mental exercise more than a caloric one. It'll make sense in a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to meet you Denise! Good luck to you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love knowing exactly what you are taking in and burning each day instead of guessing. Technology really is cool sometimes. I do miss my BodyBugg, but totally hopeful for the soon to be released FitBit.

    Let's do this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to PCP, Denise!

    Trust me, that won't be the first "WTH" moment you'll have while on the program, but eventually it will turn from "WTH is Patrick doing to me" to a "WTH was I eating that for". Keep it rockin'!

    ReplyDelete