Sunday, October 4, 2009

A funny thing happened....


...on the way to the candy bowl.

During the past 20 days on PCP regime, I have been impressively resistant to grabbing a fun sized candy bar at work. You see one of the Admins has a plentiful glass bowl of Kit Kats, Snickers, Reese cups, etc. I donate money to keep this bowl full. But since PCP, I have been abstinent. (Maybe there should be a t-shirt....Hmmmmm). Well, I cheated. I ingested several Kit Kats. Let me tell you...I did not know I wanted to do a study on the effects of chocolate on the digestive tract.....
No placebos here. Every time I see that bowl...I think....."Gas vs. no gas?" OMG....not pleasant.

So...learned my lesson.








5 comments:

  1. Haha! I'm going to keep this post in mind every time I want to grab a Tootsie Roll pop out of my boss's candy bowl. I've also been a little dismayed to notice that the bowl is disturbingly full since I went PCP—an unpleasant reminder of how I used to grab one or two pieces every time I went in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't eat that stuff! Seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that we are actually getting this stuff out of our body, it is crazy to see the effects of putting it back in. Amazing what we become accustomed to?

    I don't know if it is a sign of the adaptability of the human body to circumstances, but I don't think it can be good. I am with you. Leaving the processed foods alone for now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooh! A telling off from Patrick!! Naughty girl!

    I'm tempted to lie when the time comes that I do something naughty and break the diet. (Not saying that I'm planning on it!)

    ReplyDelete