Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Day 55 remembered......fainting goats


Sunday was the day I chose to have the second coming of the indulgence.

Thank you everyone for the feedback as to what I should have......you won (so did I)...and chose the fried shrimp from Ragun Cajun restauant. A Houston favorite for Cajun cuisine. Fun and entertaining too. So after a long day of working in the yard with Jonti's project '82 Jeep CJ7, we hit the local speciality market (namely Central market) to pick out our goodies and then to get zee fried shrimp. Here's my plate....(I think it was a little more than 500-700 calories). But the fried shrimp came in 1 doz...with some spicy french fries and jambalaya. Also on the plate was some goats milk Blue and Serrano ham. A small glass of Layer Cake to wash things down. I ate the shrimp, a little of the FF and a bite of the andoula sausage.

I have to say....it was good but not amazing. I think that I was afraid what it would do to my system more than anything else. For that I took some live culture bacteria just in case of a gastric explosion. No worries....the fire trucks were not called to our location.

After about an hour of consumption (Isn't that one of the deadly sins?), I did the "fainting goat" reenactment.

Yep.......out for the count. I am Soooooo glad Jonti did not take a picture of me passed out on the sofa (probably because she was there too). Lucky day.

Next morning....woke up a little tired.....but (I think) with a overdose to salty, heavy food. Geez.......so that is what the norm was before PCP. Ah....no thanks.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you did it up right, Denise!

    Hear you on the salt overload. I don't think I'll be bringing much salt back into my post-PCP life. Waking up dehydrated blows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those goats made me laugh out loud.

    I have to admit that plate of fried goodness makes me want to reach out and grab one! I'm from a town in NC that is known for restaurants called fish camps. Giant rooms filled with tables, cheesy ocean decor, and heaping plates of delicious fried seafood, complete with hush puppies, sweet tea, and even waitresses who call you "hon."

    Although it would be interesting to go there now....

    ReplyDelete